1. How do I know if the staff is from DPP Elder Care and are trustworthy? How are the staff / caregivers selected and trained?
Our staff is comprised of carefully selected, trained health care professionals, and caregivers. They are bonafide employees of DPP Elder Care and not outsourced from a third party. Therefore we are directly responsible for the level of service they provide. We have stringent selection procedures and quality control measures that ensure that every staff member gives you consistently high quality service. They are trained by our panel of expert physicians and staff.
2. What are the various care packages available?
Since each case is different, we will customize the care package to fit your needs. On the first visit, a supervisor will accompany your care giver, or “sahayak” to help you design your care package.
3. What are the accepted means of payment?
Currently, we accept cash and cheques only.
4. Can I hand over the payments to my sahayak?
Yes, you may hand over payments to your sahayak. He will give you receipt for the payment made.
5. What happens when I cancel my appointment with prior notice and without prior notice?
We understand that due to unforeseen circumstances, you may have to change or cancel your appointment. However, to avoid cancellation charges, we ask that you that you inform us at least 36 hours prior to your appointment.
6. Are there any additional costs to pay like transportation/commuting charges?
DPP Elder Care charges are of two types: Membership and add on service charges.
Membership: this covers the service package that you have formulated with DPP and will be paid on a monthly basis.
Add-on services: If you need additional services in addition you are free to add these to your package at an additional cost.
Please refer to the Services section for details.
7. What are the helpline numbers?
For medical emergencies, please call the emergency helpline numbers that were provided to you at the time of membership. These can also be found on your membership card.
For non-emergencies please feel free to contact us via phone, in India and the US, as well as by email.
Our Kolkata Office is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (IST) and Saturday from 9am (IST). Our Corporate Headquarters in the US is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (CST). Your sahayak will also provide you with additional local numbers at the start of your membership.
8. What is the registration process?
Please fill out the Request Info form on our website. Someone from our office will get back to you within 24 hours to provide you with more information, answer your questions and set up a visit to your home. At this visit, we will take a detailed history and work with you and your family to design the best package for your needs.
9. What are the documents I need to furnish for registering a patient/ my parents/relatives?
Our team will help you fill out all paperwork that we may require. You will need to give us copies of all recent health records and latest reports.
10. What is the minimum time period I have to sign up for and what is the exit process?
The minimum recommended period of membership is 3 months. This will allow both you, the member and us the provider to establish a relationship. You may discontinue membership at any time with 30 day’ notice.
If you are not in need in regular services but would like to avail our services as needed you may register with us for Rs. 500, which will allow you to use our services a la carte, and also enjoy the discounts and other membership privileges as and when needed.
12. Will I have a choice of who comes to my house?
You are welcome to tell us if you have any special preferences, and we will do our best to provide you with someone suitable based on availability.
13. How is the privacy of my personal information maintained?
Personal information and protection of your privacy is our highest priority. Without your express permission, we will never release your information to any third party.
14. Do I need a physician’s authorization to avail the medical service offered by DPP Elder Care?
Once your care package has been designed, you are welcome to discuss it with your physician. In exceptional circumstances, one of our staff members may also speak directly with your physician.
However, since most of our services are of a health monitoring nature, they are safe to avail even without a physician’s authorization.
15. What makes DPP Elder Care Services different from others?
Unlike NGOs which are volunteer lead, and are externally funded, we provide regular, professional, consistent and quality controlled services delivered by qualified and trained personnel.
16. How long will it take to get the service started at my home?
Once the initial visit has been completed, services can start within days depending on availability of sahayaks in your area.
17. How do I know that my loved one is getting quality care?
We provide regular progress reports to family members and will deliver them anywhere in the world (via email).
18. What is the protocol for handling complaints and problems?
Our field staff , or sahayaks, report directly to our in-house coordinators, managers and Directors who are all housed in our Kolkata office. Quality service is a top priority at DPP Elder Care and complaints can be reported via phone, email or in person. We guarantee that someone from our office will contact you within 1 working day to help resolve your issues.
19. Do you accept payment through insurance?
We don’t accept it at this point of time.
20. Do you provide emergency service?
Yes we do provide emergency services through our network of affiliations with top Kolkata hospitals.
21. What are your hours of availability?
Our Kolkata Office is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (IST) and Saturday from 9am (IST). Our Corporate Headquarters in the US is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (CST).
Your sahayak is also available during these hours on the phone.
22. What is the next step I should take to sign up?
Please either fill up the request info form or give us a call at any of our numbers. We will schedule an initial visit by our team. Please set aside 1-2 hours for this visit
– Feel comfortable using our desktop and mobile websites
– Feel secure submitting information to us
– Contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on this site
– Know that by using our sites/ interface you are consenting to the collection of certain data
What information is, or may be, collected from you?
We will automatically receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our Web server, including computer-identification information obtained from “cookies,” sent to your browser from a web server cookie stored on your hard drive an IP address, assigned to the computer which you use the domain server through which you access our service the type of computer you’re using the type of web browser you’re using
If we plan to use your personally identifiable information for any commercial purposes, we will notify you at the time we collect that information and allow you to opt-out of having your information used for those purposes.